Thursday, March 29, 2012

Guacamole Grilled Cheese Sandwiches


Grilled cheese sandwiches are so tasty and it's so easy to add new ingredients to them to change them up. I saw this recipe for guacamole grilled cheese sandwiches on Two Peas and their Pod and thought it would be good to give them a try, since I love avocado. What an easy way to jazz up a grilled cheese sandwich! I was a bit worried they would be too rich, but the cheese and the avocado actually complement each other very nicely. I'll definitely make these again!

Ingredients:
  • 1 medium avocado
  • 1 handful of cherry tomatoes, chopped
  • Lime or lemon juice to taste
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • Tabasco sauce to taste
  • Good quality bread
  • Aged cheddar
  • Butter

Make the guacamole first by mixing the avocado, cherry tomatoes, lime or lemon juice, salt and pepper, and Tabasco sauce. You can either mix it all together in a food processor or just smash it all together in a bowl with a fork. I like leaving the guacamole chunkier for these sandwiches. There should be enough for two or three sandwiches.

Butter one side of the bread slices. I often use normal grocery store sliced bread, but this time I bought a loaf of crusty bread and it was so much tastier. Layer the guacamole and cheese on the bread with the butter side out, and then grill away. We have a George Foreman grill that I used for the first time making grilled cheese sandwiches, rather than grilling them in a pan like I usually do, and they came out so much crispier and lighter. I'll never go back to using pans again!



I like this version even better my than my bruschetta grilled cheese sandwiches (though those are tasty too). The Tabasco adds a nice zing to the richness of the guacamole and the mellow cheese. Yum!


***
Featured on:

Days of Chalk and Chocolate

I was featured, I was Featured by Addicted to Recipes


Inspired By Felicity Blog

***

     

  Inspired By Felicity Blog   StoneGable   UndertheTableandDreaming

16 comments:

  1. You're killing me tonight! Now I want to eat this sandwich! Avocado is so so yummy and this looks great. I never thought to put it on grilled cheese!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Visiting from tt&j. Oh my! This looks so delicious! I want one right now. Totally going to make this next week! Thanks for the great new recipe!

    Im going to poke around your site some more. I would love for you share this at my Friday Link Up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for visiting my site. I appreciate it. And I have never had avocado on a grilled cheese sandwich but it sounds delicious. Will have to try that soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This grilled cheese caught my eye from the Six Sisters' Stuff linky ... had to pop on over and see it! Then ... I saw my blog in your reading list. Thanks so much for including me in it!!! I'm touched.
    Tracey @ The Kitchen is My Playground

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a must try~ I love quac! Thanks for bringing this to ON THE MENU MONDAY.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks delicious! - Visiting you from "Inspired by Felicity" Blog hop.
    Thanks
    Angie
    godsgrowinggarden.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Soon as we saw the name of this recipe, we knew it would be delicious!!! Thanks for joining us for "Strut Your Stuff Saturday." Come and join us again next week! -The Sisters

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks delicious! What an interesting addition to the traditional grilled cheese. Lots of fun topics here and I'm looking forward to adding you to my blog roll!

    Enjoy your day!
    leslie

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks fantastic and I'll be featuring it this weekend!

    Thanks for sharing at Simply Klassic!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just letting you know that I am featuring your recipe this week at Addicted to Recipes! Thanks again for sharing at Scrumptious Sunday. Come on over and grab your button!

    http://iamaddictedtorecipes.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yep! That's gonna be dinner one night this week and boy is my husband excited! Looks so delicious!

    Katie- Hems For Her

    ReplyDelete
  12. Found this on Pinterest and am planning to make it this week. Thank you! :)

    Julie
    http://truelifetwenties.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. These looks delicious. Add the fact that I love guacamole and I love grilled cheese, and you pretty much made my perfect sandwich. Yum.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Made & posted about this yummy sandwich this week! It was delicious!!! Thanks so much for the idea, Gleeful. Pop on over & check out your inspiration if you'd like.

    http://thekitchenismyplayground.blogspot.com/2012/04/guacamole-grilled-cheese.html

    Tracey @ The Kitchen is My Playground

    ReplyDelete
  15. I found your recipe on Pinterest. I let chia seeds soak into tomato juice and tomato to part of a tomato I chopped up for 15 minutes. I added onion to avocado and cayenne pepper and used Monterey Jack cheese with a little shredded cheddar. I will make again. Thanks

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love hearing from you!

Are you a no-reply blogger? Make sure you have set your profile to show your email address so that you can get replies to your comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...