Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Summer in March


It is beautiful out there right now. I'm not kidding when I say it feels like summer in March. The temperature has been in the 20s, the sun is out, and plants are growing. I'm a realistic enough Canadian to know that this won't last - in fact, the temperatures are set to dip to around 6 degrees this weekend - so I'm trying to enjoy this warm weather as much as I can while it sticks around.

Last night, we enjoyed a summer-like evening, which included our first barbecue of the season. Hurrah! I love barbecuing. It's just so much more delicious than anything I could fry or throw on our George Foreman grill (it's just not the same). We grilled some burgers with a side of crispy fries. Yum!




Oscar had fun running around the backyard, sniffing around, and eating pine cones and sticks that he found while we grilled the burgers and pulled the tarp off of our patio furniture.



Even the plants I started indoors are taking off. My green bean plants have grown so much that I had to give them some support (in other words, two straws stuck together - very sophisticated technology). I'm kind of worried that the plant will get so big that by the time we are actually able to plant it outside, it's going to be massive. I'm definitely going to have to repot it at least once before late April or early May - lesson learned!


I love this time of year. I can't wait until the threat of another snowfall goes away and spring is here for good!


3 comments:

  1. I love Spring! We are to get close to 80 degrees (fahrenheit) on Sunday! Might be a good day for us to throw something on the grill too :) thanks for stopping by for a visit. I hope to see you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh Oscar - did you get any of those yummy burgers. Pine cones are fun to chew on but meat is even better :-) woofs and licks from Magic xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Discovered your blog via a Google Alert. Your day looks beautiful. The sun has been out a lot here too (Seattle) and I'm loving it. My hayfever is driving me nuts, but I'll suffer if it means more sun, more flowers, more spring.

    I have two dogs, Sydney and Rodrigo. I write about them on my blog too.

    Kimberly

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love hearing from you!

Are you a no-reply blogger? Make sure you have set your profile to show your email address so that you can get replies to your comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...