Tuesday, March 06, 2012

Vanilla Whipped Cream


Sometimes the simplest things are the most delicious. I don't have too much of a sweet tooth, but when I get a sugar craving, one of my favourite things to indulge in is a little whipped cream on my latte or on fresh berries. I don't like the stuff you get from a can - the taste and texture aren't as rich as the real thing. I like my whipped cream with a touch of vanilla. Simple and so good.

Ingredients:
  • 1/2 cup of cold heavy cream (35%)
  • 1 teaspoon of white sugar
  • 1/2 teaspoon of real vanilla extract

Whisk the cream, sugar and vanilla extract in a bowl until stiff peaks form. If you are using a hand blender with a whisk attachment, use a bigger bowl so it doesn't splash everywhere and put it on the lowest setting - it can make a bit of a mess otherwise (I speak from experience). This makes about one cup of whipped cream.

***

I shared this on Show Me What Ya Got on Not Just a Housewife and on the Weekend Wrap Up Party on Tatertots and Jello.

2 comments:

  1. I'm totally with you on this matter... whipped cream is one of my FAVORITE desserts, especially when it has vanilla =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! I could probably just eat it on its own...but I've held myself back from doing it so far. My willpower may not hold out long, though.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love hearing from you!

Are you a no-reply blogger? Make sure you have set your profile to show your email address so that you can get replies to your comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...