Sunday, March 04, 2012

Avocado and Tomato Pasta


This is a quick and easy recipe for a creamy avocado pasta that I first saw on Two Peas and their Pod. I thought it was kind of odd-sounding, but I love avocado and I love pasta, so I figured, why not give them a try together? The avocado actually goes well with the pasta - it's very rich and creamy. I added some tomato and Tabasco sauce to the original recipe, because I like my avocado with a bit of zing.

Ingredients:
  • 1 large ripe avocado
  • 4 oz. spaghetti
  • 1 handful of cherry tomatoes
  • juice of 1 small lime (or the equivalent amount of lemon juice)
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • Tabasco sauce to taste (optional)


Boil the spaghetti in a pot of well-salted water. Reserve some of the pasta water when the pasta is finished boiling to use to thin out the avocado sauce if necessary.


In a food processor (or, if you're like me and not the most advanced of chefs, a hand blender food processor attachment), blend the avocado, cherry tomatoes, lime or lemon juice, Tabasco sauce and, if you like, some onion or garlic. I didn't add any because I don't like the taste of raw onion or garlic - I find it a bit sharp. Next time I may try roasting some to mellow out the sharpness and then add it for more flavour. Blend it all together until it is smooth.



Toss the sauce with the pasta and add some reserved pasta water if you want a thinner sauce. Add salt and pepper to taste and enjoy!

***

I shared this on the Sunday Showcase Party at Under the Table and Dreaming, the Tuesday Talent Show at Chef in Training, and on Show Me What Ya Got on Not Just a Housewife. Stop by to find some great new recipes and ideas.

2 comments:

  1. this sounds so delicious. i love avocado! will try it out tomorrow.
    thanks for visiting my blog and for your lovely comment on my cake in a jar. got me to visit you.
    your blog is gorgeous! love the design and the beautiful pics. i am your newest follower, it would be great if you would like to follow back. but no hard feelings if not :-)
    love
    jutta

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for your kind comments! I hope you enjoy the recipe if you get a chance to try it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love hearing from you!

Are you a no-reply blogger? Make sure you have set your profile to show your email address so that you can get replies to your comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...