Thursday, March 08, 2012

Blog Tag!


Christy at Sane Simplicity was lovely enough to tag me in this excellent game of tag - probably the only form of tag I have energy for these days. What a great way to get to know other bloggers, and to discover blogs that aren't already on my blogroll. Take a moment to visit Christy at Sane Simplicity if you haven't already - I think you'll thank me for it later!

So here are the rules of the game:
  • You must post the rules. 
  • Answer the 11 questions that the tagger posted for you and then create 11 questions to ask the people you've tagged. 
  • Tag 11 people...or so (what you have time for, I figure better some then none!)...and link them in your post. 
  • Post their button on your post if they have one. 
  • Let them know you have tagged them. 

Here are Christy's 11 questions for me:
  1. How long have you been blogging? This blog has only been up and running since February, but I did have another blog from December 2010 to September 2011. It was about our miniature schnauzer and was called Oscar the Pooch. I stopped blogging on Oscar the Pooch because I started running out of things to say about our pup - or at least things that I thought would be interesting enough that people would want to read them. The nice thing about this blog is that if I want to blog about Oscar, I can, whereas it was harder to turn my dog blog into a blog about other things.
  2. What brought you to the blogging world? I have always enjoyed writing, and thought blogging would be fun. Until Oscar the Pooch, I never really thought that I had anything to write about that anyone would want to read - but there are a lot of dog lovers out there! It may sound silly, but I started this blog after discovering Pinterest. I found so many fantastic recipes, craft ideas, and garden ideas that I was dying to try, and I wanted to document that and share that with others. And plus, blogging is fun! 
  3. What is/was/will be your occupation? I'm sorry to say I'm not overly passionate about my day job, which is a stressful office job, so I'd much rather talk about the next question, which is... 
  4. Dream job? I have a few! I'd love to get to cook and blog for a living. Then I'd be doing what I think about all day! I'd also love to own a coffee shop/dog supply store (meaning like a pet store, but only for dogs - I have no interest in selling supplies for hamsters or fish!). There's one in town that we've gone to a few times and I just love it - it's so cute. I used to be a barista and loved it - I really miss those days! I've also always thought it would be lovely to be a writer, but I'm too afraid of failure to really give writing a go. Maybe one day! 
  5. Favorite sweet treat? Ice cream - either a good French vanilla ice cream, or Haagen-Dazs coffee ice cream. That and Dino Sours - especially orange ones, but not the red ones. I hate the red ones. I'll go to Bulk Barn to get Dino Sours and meticulously scoop only orange, green and yellow ones into the bag. Anyone who sees me must think I'm insane. 
  6. Your idea of having fun? Lying around in my sweats and reading a good book. I'm a huge bookworm and love reading fiction. I'm also a huge nerd and really like computer and video games. I think that started with my love of the original Mario Brothers and Duck Hunt games on the Nintendo. Ah, the good old days. 
  7. Favorite movie or book? Does it have to be a movie that is also a book? I'm going to answer both of these questions, but separately, because my favourite book of all time is The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger, but the movie did it no justice at all as far as I'm concerned, so I'm really not very fond of it. It should have been done as a multi-part TV movie, like A&E's version of Pride and Prejudice, since there was so much in the book that couldn't be dealt with in a Hollywood-length movie. If I ever find a book that I love a fraction as much as The Time Traveler's Wife, I'll probably faint from the joy of it. My favourite movie is The Mummy with Brendan Fraser and Rachel Weisz. I have random tastes... 
  8. Favorite sport or team? I'm a huge hockey fan. I don't play, I just watch. My favourite team is the Edmonton Oilers, but it gets hard because they've had a hard few years. Nevertheless, I love them. Go Oilers go! 
  9. Favorite "tool" you use? Um...I guess does a paintbrush count, even though I rarely use them? I'm not overly handy - though I really like building Ikea furniture. It's like Lego for adults! 
  10. Dream vacation? A Mediterranean cruise! I love cruises - don't let the recent cruise controversy scare you. I've been on a couple of cruises - including last year with my husband, who was cruising for the first time - and it's such a good mix of relaxation, activity and sightseeing. And amaaaazing food. I've never eaten so well and so much as I have on a cruise! It is just insane to sit down to dinner and know that you can order whatever you want on the menu. I've also never been to Europe, so a Mediterranean cruise is the best of both of those things! 
  11. Favorite food or type of food? Spicy tuna rolls are my favourite food of all time. That's been one of my least favourite parts of pregnancy - no sushi! Boo.

Now to tag the blogs that I really enjoy reading in no particular order. They are all fantastic, engaging, and give me such great ideas to try. Check them out!








And lastly, here are my 11 questions for any of these lovely bloggers who want to join in on this game of tag!
  1. What made you want to start blogging?
  2. What or who inspires you the most? 
  3. What is your favourite childhood memory?
  4. What is the best meal you've ever had?
  5. What is something new that you have learned in the last month?
  6. What is the best gift you've ever received?
  7. What is the best part of your day?
  8. What is something that you wish you could do one day but haven't tried yet?
  9. If you could have dinner with any famous person, dead or alive, who would it be and why?
  10. What is your favourite song?
  11. What do you like to do in your spare time?
This has been fun! I hope you enjoyed reading this and that you enjoy checking out some of these lovely blogs, if you don't know about them already!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I love hearing from you!

Are you a no-reply blogger? Make sure you have set your profile to show your email address so that you can get replies to your comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...