Sunday, May 20, 2012

Bacon and Tomato Grilled Cheese Sandwiches


I love grilled cheese sandwiches. I've posted about a couple of different grilled cheese sandwiches (a bruschetta version and a guacamole version) and decided to try another version - this time with bacon. You can't go wrong with cheese and bacon! I added some tomato for freshness and it turned out as delicious as I thought it would.

Ingredients:
  • Good quality, crusty bread
  • Aged cheddar, sliced
  • Bacon - as much as you want!
  • 1 ripe tomato, sliced
  • Butter for the bread

If you have a sandwich grill, I'd highly recommend using that rather than frying the sandwich in a pan. I find with the grill, the bread comes out golden brown and crispy, but not too greasy. Preheat the grill and butter the outsides of your slices of bread. Fry the bacon and set it aside. 

Layer the cheddar on the bread (butter side out - don't make that rookie mistake!) with the bacon and tomato slices. Try not to eat too much of the cheese before it makes it into the sandwich. (We usually get cheddar that has been aged for two years and it is the greatest. Thing. Ever. It's hard not to just eat the cheese and forego the sandwich.)


Grill the sandwich until it is golden brown on the outside and the cheese gets nice and melty, and then devour.


If you have any other delicious grilled cheese variation suggestions for me to try, I'd be happy to hear them. I can't get enough of them!


***

StoneGable   Mixitup

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I love hearing from you!

Are you a no-reply blogger? Make sure you have set your profile to show your email address so that you can get replies to your comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...