Monday, May 07, 2012

Back at Home


I'm sorry I've been so delinquent with blogging! We were on vacation last week visiting some family and I didn't have my act together enough to do a blog post mentioning that before I left. As much as I was looking forward to getting away, and as much as it was nice to see family and friends and get some rest, it's also good to be home, get back to our normal routines, and hang out with our dog again.

The weather was great when we got home - warm and sunny. The tulips and daffodils bloomed while we were away and they add so much cheer and colour to the yard. I'm planning on planting more bulbs this fall, because the squirrels have done away with a bunch of the ones I originally planted. Tricky little buggers.



Does anyone know what these flowers are? (I am such a gardening newbie. There are so many plants in the garden from before we moved in and I don't know if half of them are weeds or not, let alone what they are.) I love that shade of indigo. So pretty!


We still have a lot of work to do in the garden. There are maple seedlings all over the place that we have to pull up. I'm hoping putting down some mulch will prevent them from growing everywhere (and I mean everywhere) in our garden.


I am really looking forward to going to the garden centre to pick up more plants. It's supposed to rain this coming weekend but I hope the forecast is wrong so I can get out there and pretty up our yard. What have you been planting?

2 comments:

  1. Great to see you back! Lovely spring flower photos too. My peeps think that blue flower is called Muscari or Grape Hyacinth - it is so pretty :-) woofs and licks from Magic xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Gleeful, welcome back!
    I also need to get around my garden...

    I received the Liebster's Blog Award and I a passing along to you!

    Please come to my blog to get the logo and know details!

    Cheers,

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love hearing from you!

Are you a no-reply blogger? Make sure you have set your profile to show your email address so that you can get replies to your comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...