- 1 large can of tomato sauce, divided
- Jumbo pasta shells (I used half a box, which was a little under 20 shells)
- 2 spicy Italian sausages, casings removed and roughly chopped
- 2 artichoke hearts, roughly chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, diced
- Italian herb mix
- Olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups of ricotta cheese
- 1 egg
- Mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Salt and pepper
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and grease a large baking dish. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook the pasta shells until they are al dente. Drain and set aside. Put the tomato sauce in a saucepan and heat through.
Fry the garlic, Italian sausage and artichoke hearts in olive oil over medium-high heat. Sprinkle in some Italian herb mix and salt and pepper for extra flavour. Cook until the sausage is browned and then drain the fat.
Put a layer of tomato sauce on the bottom of the greased baking dish. You don't have to use a lot - a thin layer is good enough just to keep the shells from sticking to the bottom of the dish. Stuff the shells with a couple of tablespoons of the filling and set them on the tomato sauce in the baking dish.